How we use our Sports Premium at Hornbeam Primary
The Sports Premium is a government grant for schools to improve the provision of PE and increase participation in sport
In 2016/17 year we will receive £9,037 Sports Premium.
The table below sets out what we aim to achieve with this funding, the actions we are taking and the impact they have had.
|Aim||Actions taken to achieve this aim||Impact of actions taken to date|
|To improve the engagement of pupils in regular physical activity||
1. Sports Assistant employed to run free sports clubs after school every night.
See clubs page for details of activities on offer.
|To improve the physical fitness of children in the school||
1. Commission Premier Sports to deliver the Golden Mile scheme throughout the 2016-17 school year.
2. Each child in school given target of running 50 miles.
3. Children to record distances achieved and celebrate milestones.
Overall Cost £2,700
100% children participating in the Golden Mile scheme.
|To provide additional challenge to more physically able pupils||
1. Release PE Coordinator and Sports Assistant to organise inter and intra school competitions
2. Provision of a Golden Mile club so more able runners can challenge themselves further after school.
Overall Cost £ 450
Selected children competed in Dover Swimming Gala.
School Football Team competing in local league and cup competitions.
8 children represented the school at dodgeball
144 children (61%) participated in at least one intra-school competitive event in Term 3 2017
|To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE||
School has engaged Premier Sports coaches to team teach PE lessons with school staff in selected curriculum areas where teachers lack confidence.
Overall Cost £2,400
PE curriculum is broader with a wider range of sports being taught.