Pupil Premium Strategy
Schools are awarded additional funding through the Pupil Premium to ensure children from disadvantaged backgrounds do as well as their peers.
How will we use the Pupil Premium this year?
Our 2016-17 Pupil Premium Strategy document can be found here.
How did we use the Pupil Premium last year?
Our Pupil Premium Allocation for 2015/16 was £99,450
We spent this money in the following ways to support our disadvantaged children:
- Providing an extra teacher to reduce the class size in Year 6 for ½ a day each week.
- Providing regular booster sessions for Year 4, 5 and 6 children throughout the year.
- Running a high quality intervention programmes to enable children to close gaps in their knowledge of reading, writing and maths.
- Delivering a Forest School curriculum to enable all pupils to develop experiential language.
- Providing heavily subsidised educational visits for all classes to enrich the curriculum.
- Maintaining our swimming pool so that we can provide free swimming lessons to all children every year.
- Providing specialist learning support to children with Dyslexia and their parents.
- Running parental engagement sessions to promote involvement in children’s learning.
- Employing a school counsellor to help promote children's emotional well being.
As a result of this expenditure children in receipt of Pupil Premium achieved the following outcomes at the end of each Key Stage:
Outcomes for disadvantaged children at Hornbeam Primary School July 2016
In Key Stage 2
In Key Stage 1
In the Early Years Foundation Stage